Welcome potential ACE volunteer!
We are happy to see that you are interested in becoming involved in our program.
If you choose to join our team you will be able to see some of the remarkable changes that we facilitate in educating our youth through the Dormitory and Leadership Training Centre (DLTC). The DLTC is a unique facility that is currently home to 18 students. Marginalized Cambodian youth from remote provinces and urban slum communities are given opportunity to attend university through the provision of housing, scholarships, leadership training, as well as a wide variety of other life skills activities and programs. Here are some of the services and support we offer the impoverished children of Cambodia:
- A leadership training based, self-governance model for all residents
- Weekly leadership seminars on conflict resolution, mental health, job seeking
- Extensive life skills training and programs
- English and computer classes
- Expert Guest speakers
- Dormitory housing at the DLTC
- Bicycles for transport to and from classes
- University Scholarships
Time frame: We are flexible! Short term volunteers usually assist for under 2 months. Long term volunteers assist for more than 2 months.
- Learn about the ACE program and visit our schools
- Work on construction and painting projects
- Teach courses on health and hygiene
- Volunteer with events
- Visit historical sites: The Royal Palace, National Museum, S-21 Toul Sleng Genocide Museum & The Killing Fields, Excursion: Angkor Wat
- Homestay at rural Khmer village in Angkor Wat
- Take a Khmer cooking class
- Participate in community exercise class at Riverside
- and many more activities!
During your time with us, we will plan several excursions to the must-see sights around Cambodia. While in Phnom Penh, participants will have the option to visit our breathtaking Royal Palace, as well as what remains of the terrors of the Khmer Rouge regime, including the Choeung Ek Killing Field and S-21 Toul Sleng Museum. We will introduce you to the local cuisine and shopping of the local markets of interest.
Cambodia prides itself on its temples, and we are more than happy to share some of our spectacular history with you during our visits to Wat Phnom and Angkor Wat. Wat Phnom is built on the only hill in Phnom Penh and is believed to have played a pivotal role in the founding of our great city. One of the Seven World Wonders, Angkor Wat has always served as the pinnacle of Khmer heritage and culture.
Where you’ll be staying
Dorm Housing accommodations:
- Mattress and pillow, clean sheets and pillowcase
- Storage units
- Access to Tuk- Tuk transportation
- Great location in the middle of Phnom Penh
- Locals and volunteers to assist you with the adjustment of a new country
Visit to Siem Reap
Participants have the option to experience a rural Khmer village homestay, this can be a great opportunity to emerge yourself in the culture and possibly pick up some Khmer language as well. We also offer a local guesthouse that offers all the amenities of home. The choice is yours, participants have loved them both!
All proceeds go towards funding ACE and helping the youth of Cambodia
- Variable depends on what you would like to do
- see attachment
- Programmers will be responsible for the costs and booking of flights to and from home
- ACE accommodation
- Single room with fan/ air-con: $7-$9 per night
- Double room with fan/ air-con: $10-$12 per night
- Group dorm room (8+ people): $8 per person per night
Note: Prices vary depending on time of day, traffic and desired location
- Tuk- Tuk (recommended), ACE to Royal Palace or ACE to Olympic Stadium: $6-$8 (including return trip)
- Motorbike, ACE to Royal Palace or ACE to Olympic Stadium: $4-$5 (including return trip)
ACE Daily Dining
Note: Cooking is provided by team members, however if you are interested in learning how to cook Khmer cuisine you are more than welcome to help
- Breakfast: $2
- Lunch: $3.50
- Dinner: $2
Varies depending on needs and interests
- Important to consider: extra food, bottled water, medical needs, donations, etc.
- Lunch: $3.50